A Vision for Vauvert
A thriving, forward-thinking school with high aspirations for all. A happy school built upon care and kindness with the child at the centre; where everyone is valued, included and respected. A place where staff and children are challenged and supported to be the best that they can be.
As a school that has adopted the UNCRC - Rights Respecting Skills Award; the rights of the child are at the heart of everything that we do. As such, at Vauvert Primary School we aim to:
- Keep children at the heart of all that we do. (Article 3)
- Create a school community where all children, staff and parents feel that they are welcome and that they belong; where they feel safe and cared for, and where they are included, no matter what their circumstance or need.
- Foster a love of learning and an understanding of the need for a positive, growth mindset; where children are motivated, resilient, and inspired, and where their creativity is able to shine.
- Provide a high quality education through a rich and exciting curriculum, where every child can develop fully as an individual and achieve their personal best, ensuring that when children leave our school they are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to successfully access the next stage in their education. (Article 6)
- Equip children with the attitudes and attributes necessary to be effective members of society, understanding that we all matter, and that we should treat people with kindness and respect. (Article 2)
- Provide opportunities for all children to feel part of, and be able to contribute to the school life. As well as the local, and global communities through the teaching of rights and responsibilities and through hearing their voice throughout the life of the school. (Article 12)